mina-dev mailing list archives

From Glenn Ivar Klausen <...@asvito.no>
Subject Re: Version 2.x - Norweigian Wood
Date Sun, 06 Dec 2009 14:13:32 GMT
Emmanuel LŽcharny wrote:

> Don't get me wrong : I don't think that giving nicknames to a project
> (even with some spelling issues) is a bad thing. The problem is that
> it's hard to remember which version it's associated with, and it may
> have some local interpretation which may be embarassing; One
> interesting example is the Mitshubishi Pajero car : try to sell this
> car in spain  ! (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pajero)
>
> Let's stick to the version numbers, it's just plain ok.

Since we're talking  about bad car names anyway, I would like bring this
little flower from Honda to broader audience. When they in 2001 released
news of the new model, now called Jazz, with the original name Honda
Fitta they didn't do proper research. I Scandinavian terms (Denmark /
Norway in particular) Fitta means slut or cunt, and the slogan was:

"Honda Fitta - small on the outside, but it feels big once you're in it"
"Honda Fitta - an everyday pleasure"

Now, consider the marked for that model... :-D

--
Best Regards
Glenn Ivar Klausen

/Information contained in this email may be privileged, confidential,
or protected from disclosure. If you have received this email by
mistake, please delete this email and notify sender./