mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Trustin Lee (이희승)" <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Version 2.x - Norweigian Wood
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2009 16:21:57 GMT
On 2009/12/04 9:25 pm, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> Glenn Ivar Klausen a écrit :
>> Emmanuel LŽcharny wrote:
>>> Well, less than "dead wood"...
>>>
>>> This name was picked by someone who was at the origin of the project,
>>> at a time he was pretty alone working on it (since then, he quit). I
>>> personnaly don't think it's a good idea to attach a name with a
>>> version, à la Ubuntu (I have always been totally lost with Intrepid
>>> Jakal or Laughable Vampire, not being able to make a connection with
>>> 8.04 or 9.10).
>>>
>>> Anyway, I think we should get rid of those useless nicknames.
>>>

>> Ok, ... I was just referring to the fact that Norwegian is spelled
>> wrong, however, its a good point regarding the nick names.
>>
>> G (Norwegian)
>
> Wikipedia, about "Norwegian wood" :
>
> "This exchange took place in a press conference in Los Angeles on 24
> August 1966:
>
> Reporter: I'd like to direct this question to messrs. Lennon and
> McCartney. In a recent article, Time magazine put down pop music. And
> they referred to "Day Tripper" as being about a prostitute...
> Paul: Oh yeah.
> Reporter: ...and "Norwegian Wood" as being about a lesbian.
> Paul: Oh yeah."
>
> :)

It actually means a novel with the same title [1].  Other code names are
also the titles of Haruki's novels.  The code names were never announced
anyway.  Feel free to remove it from JIRA.  I'd be glad to take it over
to Netty [2].

Trustin

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_Wood_(novel)
[2] http://www.jboss.org/netty/