mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Version 2.x - Norweigian Wood
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2009 12:25:15 GMT
Glenn Ivar Klausen a écrit :
> Emmanuel LŽcharny wrote:
>> Well, less than "dead wood"...
>>
>> This name was picked by someone who was at the origin of the project,
>> at a time he was pretty alone working on it (since then, he quit). I
>> personnaly don't think it's a good idea to attach a name with a
>> version, à la Ubuntu (I have always been totally lost with Intrepid
>> Jakal or Laughable Vampire, not being able to make a connection with
>> 8.04 or 9.10).
>>
>> Anyway, I think we should get rid of those useless nicknames.
>>

> Ok, ... I was just referring to the fact that Norwegian is spelled
> wrong, however, its a good point regarding the nick names.
>
> G (Norwegian)

Wikipedia, about "Norwegian wood" :

"This exchange took place in a press conference in Los Angeles on 24
August 1966:

    Reporter: I'd like to direct this question to messrs. Lennon and
McCartney. In a recent article, Time magazine put down pop music. And
they referred to "Day Tripper" as being about a prostitute...
    Paul: Oh yeah.
    Reporter: ...and "Norwegian Wood" as being about a lesbian.
    Paul: Oh yeah."

 :)