mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel LŽcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Version 2.x - Norweigian Wood
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2009 10:15:33 GMT
Glenn Ivar Klausen a écrit :

> This is my first post to the MINA mailing list, and I don't want to
> step on any toes, but I could not help it.
>
> Seriously, isn't "Version 2.x - Norweigian Wood" embarrassing.

Well, less than "dead wood"...

This name was picked by someone who was at the origin of the project, at
a time he was pretty alone working on it (since then, he quit). I
personnaly don't think it's a good idea to attach a name with a version,
à la Ubuntu (I have always been totally lost with Intrepid Jakal or
Laughable Vampire, not being able to make a connection with 8.04 or 9.10).

Anyway, I think we should get rid of those useless nicknames.

Team ?