mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: about the implementation of SimpleIoProcessorPool
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 15:31:09 GMT

On Dec 1, 2009, at 2:46 AM, Eero Nevalainen wrote:

>>> assert?
>> Yuck :/
>> So C-ished..
>> better have better code !
> Wait... what?
> I thought the whole point of assertions is to provide these "no harm
> safety belt checks", with the side effect that they can be disabled if
> there are concerns of efficiency.

I personally like asserts for that reason and for the way it declares
the original developer's assumptions.  It's quite helpful when a new
developer starts reading the code base.  Finally, it does make code
testing more productive in an open source environment where there are
many cooks in the kitchen.

View raw message