mina-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Ulrich <steve.ulr...@proemion.com>
Subject AW: Version 2.x - Norweigian Wood
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2009 08:28:44 GMT
> Glenn Ivar Klausen [mailto:gik@asvito.no] wrote:
>
> Since we're talking  about bad car names anyway, I would like bring
> this
> little flower from Honda to broader audience. When they in 2001
> released
> news of the new model, now called Jazz, with the original name Honda
> Fitta they didn't do proper research. I Scandinavian terms (Denmark /
> Norway in particular) Fitta means slut or cunt, and the slogan was:
>
> "Honda Fitta - small on the outside, but it feels big once you're in
> it"
> "Honda Fitta - an everyday pleasure"
>
> Now, consider the marked for that model... :-D

Ok, that's really hard X-D
Another (and actual) example: the Mitsubishi iMiev, which sounds like "Mief" in German.
Now try to sell an electric car with no (direct) emission that sounds like fug/frowst.

PROEMION GmbH

Steve Ulrich

IT Development (IT/DEV)

Donaustrasse 14
D-36043 Fulda, Germany
Phone +49 (0) 661 9490-601
Fax +49 (0) 661 9490-333
http://www.proemion.com/
mailto:steve.ulrich@proemion.com

Geschäftsführer: Dipl. Ing. Robert Michaelides
Amtsgericht-Registergericht-Fulda: 5 HRB 1867
E-mail and any attachments may be confidential. If you have received this E-mail and you are
not a named addressee, please inform the sender immediately by E-mail and then delete this
E-mail from your system. If you are not a named addressee, you may not use, disclose, distribute,
copy or print this E-mail. Addressees should scan this E-mail and any attachments for viruses.
No representation or warranty is made as to the absence of viruses in this E-mail or any of
its attachments.

AKTUELLES
http://www.rmcan.de/

NEWS