mina-dev mailing list archives

From Niklas Gustavsson <nik...@protocol7.com>
Subject Re: [Vysper] XML parser in a separate module?
Date Sun, 22 Nov 2009 14:05:27 GMT
On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 2:57 PM, Bernd Fondermann <bf_jak@brainlounge.de> wrote:
> However, wearing my XMPP-shutter-glasses, I like to add that Vysper
> itself would not profit from extending it to parse more XML. Vysper
> needs fast fail, where any XML not supported by XMPP leads to an
> immediate exception. Everything else only generates overhead, lost for
> processing more XMPP stanzas.

Fully agreed. In fact, I think this requirement is shared by many
other XML-on-the-wire protocols, as things like DTD declarations,
comments and PIs makes very little sense in such protocols. Therefore,
I think we should make this configurable to be able to behave like it
does today.

I hope the vacation treated you well :-)

/niklas