mina-dev mailing list archives

From Niklas Gustavsson <nik...@protocol7.com>
Subject [Vysper] XML parser in a separate module?
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2009 17:00:30 GMT
Hi

Since there has been some interest here on using XML decoders with
MINA, and the inherit problems with doing this with the standard XML
parsers out there, I'm thinking of breaking out the XML parser in
Vysper into a separate module (still within the Vysper subproject, but
with it's own JAR). Thus, it would have no dependencies on Vysper. In
the long run, we might also provide a way to remove the current
limitations on what XML features are supported. For example, XMPP does
not allow for comments and thus we throw an exception when finding
one. This, we might make into an optional behavior.

What do you all think? Would having a standalone XML decoder be useful?

/niklas