mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vysper] XML parser in a separate module?
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2009 21:17:01 GMT
Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
> Hi
> Since there has been some interest here on using XML decoders with
> MINA, and the inherit problems with doing this with the standard XML
> parsers out there, I'm thinking of breaking out the XML parser in
> Vysper into a separate module (still within the Vysper subproject, but
> with it's own JAR). Thus, it would have no dependencies on Vysper. In
> the long run, we might also provide a way to remove the current
> limitations on what XML features are supported. For example, XMPP does
> not allow for comments and thus we throw an exception when finding
> one. This, we might make into an optional behavior.
> What do you all think? Would having a standalone XML decoder be useful?
Definitively. Everyone wanting to use XML as a way to exchange data need
to have a XML codec at some point. It has been a problem since day one,
and it's not solved yet.

I pretty much see haw such a codec can be part of MINA codec's library.

My +1.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny

View raw message