mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Jon Folland, Nativ Ltd" <jon.foll...@nativ.tv>
Subject Two questions on Apache Mina FTPServer
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2009 12:08:10 GMT

1. Is there any reason why the FTPServer project does not support Socket and ServerSocket
Factories in the DataConnection classes? The reason I ask is we would like to specify a different
concrete implementation of the Java Socket and ServerSocket classes without changing the code
base. I notice this is supported in the FTPClient class in the Apache commons net package
and it's very useful from the FTP client perspective. Is there any chance of an update on
the code?

2. Is there any reason why the DataConnection classes don't use nio server socket channels
for better scaling on the sever-side to support large volumes of concurrent file transfers?

Many thanks,