mina-dev mailing list archives

From Fernando Padilla <f...@alum.mit.edu>
Subject Re: svn commit: r827715 - /mina/branches/3.0/core/src/main/java/org/apache/mina/impl/AbstractIoSession.java
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2009 15:24:34 GMT
Normally through OSGi you choose what packages to expose to the rest of
the world and which ones to keep private.  So normally you expose the
Service-Apis but keep their implementations private.

But actually, Mina is not a stand alone service per-se, since
AbstractIoSession is also a building block, that someone else will want
to use to make their own IoSession right?  So Mina is both a Service-Api
(interfaces), plus a collection of building blocks (exported packages)
which are all going to be exposed through OSGi (if that is your goal).

So you're going to be exporting all of these classes anyhow.. no real
need to create sub packages.  Unless you do have a few classes you know
you want to keep private.. but probably not.