mina-dev mailing list archives

From Sai Pullabhotla <sai.pullabho...@jmethods.com>
Subject Re: Two questions on Apache Mina FTPServer
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2009 12:30:56 GMT
I think #1 is kind of available. The data connection handling is
defined by the interface ServerDataConnectionFactory. The current
version ships the default implementation in IODataConnectionFactory.
It appears that you can substitute your own implemenation of
ServerDataConnectionFactory by setting the ATTRIBUTE_DATA_CONNECTION
in the FtpSession. So, as soon as a client logs in, you can use an
Ftplet to update the FtpSession and tell it to use your own version of
data connection factory.

I think #2 is in works or at least in the wish list for 2.0. Some one,
please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hope this helps.

Sai Pullabhotla
www.jMethods.com

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 7:08 AM, Jon Folland, Nativ Ltd
<jon.folland@nativ.tv> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1. Is there any reason why the FTPServer project does not support Socket and ServerSocket
Factories in the DataConnection classes? The reason I ask is we would like to specify a different
concrete implementation of the Java Socket and ServerSocket classes without changing the code
base. I notice this is supported in the FTPClient class in the Apache commons net package
and it's very useful from the FTP client perspective. Is there any chance of an update on
the code?

> 2. Is there any reason why the DataConnection classes don't use nio server socket channels
for better scaling on the sever-side to support large volumes of concurrent file transfers?