mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Jon Folland, Nativ Ltd" <jon.foll...@nativ.tv>
Subject Re: Two questions on Apache Mina FTPServer
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2009 14:25:13 GMT
Hi Sai,

Thanks for this. The strategy in point one is the one we followed and it works. The only reason
I requested factories is to save a lot of cut of paste of perfectly good code. But this will
suffice, so thanks for your help.

Regarding point 2, thanks very much for this also.

Regards,

Jon.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sai Pullabhotla" <sai.pullabhotla@jmethods.com>
To: dev@mina.apache.org
Sent: Monday, 12 October, 2009 1:30:56 PM
Subject: Re: Two questions on Apache Mina FTPServer

I think #1 is kind of available. The data connection handling is
defined by the interface ServerDataConnectionFactory. The current
version ships the default implementation in IODataConnectionFactory.
It appears that you can substitute your own implemenation of
ServerDataConnectionFactory by setting the ATTRIBUTE_DATA_CONNECTION
in the FtpSession. So, as soon as a client logs in, you can use an
Ftplet to update the FtpSession and tell it to use your own version of
data connection factory.

I think #2 is in works or at least in the wish list for 2.0. Some one,
please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hope this helps.

Sai Pullabhotla
www.jMethods.com

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 7:08 AM, Jon Folland, Nativ Ltd
<jon.folland@nativ.tv> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1. Is there any reason why the FTPServer project does not support Socket and ServerSocket
Factories in the DataConnection classes? The reason I ask is we would like to specify a different
concrete implementation of the Java Socket and ServerSocket classes without changing the code
base. I notice this is supported in the FTPClient class in the Apache commons net package
and it's very useful from the FTP client perspective. Is there any chance of an update on
the code?

> 2. Is there any reason why the DataConnection classes don't use nio server socket channels
for better scaling on the sever-side to support large volumes of concurrent file transfers?

--
Jon Folland

Join us at Streaming Media Europe 2009, Stand 21.

TECH MEDIA INVEST TOP 100 COMPANIES IN THE UK.

NATIV - TOTAL VIDEO LOGISTICS

phone: +44 (0)20 7580 9488 fax: +44 (0)20 7580 9489

mobile: +44 (0)7974 324 260 skype: jonfolland

email: jon.folland@nativ.tv msn: jon@nativ.tv

web: http://nativ.tv blog: http://nativ.tv/futurevideo

The contents of this email are intended exclusively for the addressee.
If you are not the addressee you must not read, use or disclose the
email contents; you should notify us immediately, by clicking reply,
and delete this email.

Whilst Nativ has taken reasonable steps to scan this email, it does
not accept liability for any virus that may be contained within it.