mina-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Jakl <jakl.mich...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [vysper][pubsub] Demo application + Maven
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2009 08:25:51 GMT
Hi!

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 10:16, Niklas Gustavsson<niklas@protocol7.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 10:06 AM, Michael Jakl<jakl.michael@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The smackx-pubsub has special versions of smack and smackx (also
>> called 3.1.0). It *might* work with the stock libs, yet, the last time
>> I tried I've had mysterious errors.
>
> Well, that's no good. Can you try again with the stock JARs? if that
> doesn't work, can you find out what the differences are so that we can
> keep patch of that. If really needed, I'll upload the custom ones with
> a different version number.

I'll try it tonight.

>> Yes, currently I simply pass a VM parameter which dynamically loads
>> the module if it is on the classpath.
>
> How does that handle passing a parameter?

ServerMain[1] checks if a property "vysper.add.module" is present and
loads the given class, and finally adds it as a module to the server.

I start the server (something) like this:
java ServerMain -Dvysper.add.module=org.apache.....xep0060_pubsub.PubSubModule

 1: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/mina/sandbox/vysper/trunk/server/core/src/main/java/org/apache/vysper/xmpp/server/ServerMain.java?revision=800455

Michael