mina-dev mailing list archives

From Niklas Gustavsson <nik...@protocol7.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r807187 - in /mina/sandbox/vysper/trunk/server/core/src: main/java/org/apache/vysper/xmpp/delivery/ main/java/org/apache/vysper/xmpp/modules/core/im/handler/ main/java/org/apache/vysper/xmpp/stanza/ main/java/org/apache/vysper/xmpp/st
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2009 14:40:34 GMT
On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 4:20 PM, Bernd Fondermann<bf_jak@brainlounge.de> wrote:
> The client sends directed presence ('d-p') to the server for entering a
> MUC room ('outbound'). The server then forwards the d-p to the MUC
> server (be it local or remote), where it becomes 'inbound'. The inbound
> stanza has (as I suspect) the FULL JID present as a FROM attribute, so
> this should not really be a problem.

So, if I understand you correctly, if the client would not send a
"from" attribute, the server would add it before relaying the stanza
to the component (in this case MUC)? If so, will the server also
validate that any existing "from" attribute on the outbound stanza is
correct (from the user the says to be from)?

/niklas