mina-dev mailing list archives

From Ashish <paliwalash...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r798592 - /mina/sandbox/vysper/trunk/server/core/src/main/java/org/apache/vysper/xmpp/modules/core/im/handler/PresenceAvailabilityHandler.java
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2009 08:36:55 GMT
On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 2:00 PM, Bernd Fondermann<bf_jak@brainlounge.de> wrote:
> Ashish wrote:
>> Couple of observations [May not be related to this commit]
>> 1. Related to spec compliance use - The current implementation has
>> same element nested within
>>
>> @SpecCompliance(compliant = {
>>         @SpecCompliant(spec = "RFC3921bis-05", section = "3.1.5",
>> status = IN_PROGRESS, comment = "...."),
>>         @SpecCompliant(spec = "RFC3921bis-08", section = "3.1.5",
>> status = NOT_STARTED, comment = "....")
>>     })
>>
>> Not sure about the possibility, but if we can specify them
>> individually (something like @param in javadoc), would be better. I am
>> yet to explore the possibility
>>
>> Something like
>> @SpecCompliant(spec = "RFC3921bis-05", section = "3.1.5", status =
>> IN_PROGRESS, comment = "...."),
>> @SpecCompliant(spec = "RFC3921bis-08", section = "3.1.5", status =
>> NOT_STARTED, comment = "....")
>>
>> I am not sure if it allowed by JSR 308. If not we can live with this.
>
> Agreed, but it's not possible. That's the reason why we had to add
> @SpecCompliance.

:-(

>> 2. We should separate static imports from normal imports. Makes it more readable
>>
>> like
>>
>> import java....
>> ...// all normal imports
>> import static ...
>> ...// all static imports
>>

> Wouldn't it be more straightforward the other way round?

either ways is fine. They just need to be together :-)

>  import static ...
>  ...// all static imports
>  import java....
>  ...// all normal imports
>
>> 3. Max line length is way higher than normal 80 chars, mostly above
>> 120 chars. For most of MINA code, the limit has been followed.
>
> I committed a fix. Better now?
>
> Today, my screen has way more columns than lines.
> That's why I personally prefer longer lines. 80 chars looks way to
> narrow for me since sitting in front of those large displays.

Agree, instead of 80, we can have 120, but definitely not 200
Though, i hate to follow this in a form which actually breaks readability.
My only concern here is uniformity, if everyone is ok with this we can follow
this, but we have to do this as a community :-)

I have a long way to go before I match your skills :-)

--
thanks
ashish

Blog: http://www.ashishpaliwal.com/blog