mina-dev mailing list archives

From Ashish <paliwalash...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Vysper] Porting to MINA 2.0.X (Some errors)
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 11:55:29 GMT
Things seem fine. Build and all tests were successful :-)

Here are the files that I looked for changes

1. XmppIoHandlerAdapter - Changes are Fine
2. TCPEndpoint.java - Have used a slightly different approach

The code is
acceptor.setReuseAddress(true);
acceptor.bind(new InetSocketAddress(port));

and I operate mostly on SessionConfig. here is the code

SocketSessionConfig socketAcceptorConfig = acceptor.getSessionConfig();
socketAcceptorConfig.setReuseAddress(true);

On a closer look, NioSocketAcceptor doesn't set this variable from
SessionConfig. So seems my understanding is incorrect. Folks any
pointers on this?

3. MinaBackedSessionContext.java
Line 95 - close() is deprecated. Can plan to use close(boolean) implementation

4. StanzaWriterProtocolEncoder.java - Look fine. A simple suggestion
Line 58-61, the if statements are without braces, it makes it very
difficult to read the code. Though they are one line statements, use
of braces shall add to readability and avoid any future error

5. XMLStreamTokenizer.java - Looks Fine

6. XMPPProtocolCodecFactory.java - If we don't maintain any state
within decoders, we can initialize them once and return them from
getXXcoder() calls

7. ParticleDecoder.java - Looks Fine

One more thing, now that we have moved to maven build, we can remove
the lib folder, and probably log folder as well.

Will see if I can dig around a little more.

thanks
ashish