mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Pauls, Karl" <kpa...@trigeo.com>
Subject RE: Feed back appreciated - Quick preview of buffer rewrite
Date Wed, 21 May 2008 21:10:38 GMT

If I understand you correctly, then apart from the kernel-level implications of zero-copy
reads, such a facility to bring bytes into the JVM without a copy has existed in the JNI spec
since Java 1.4.
http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/jni/spec/functions.html#nio_support

Note that this is an optional part of the JNI specification. So some vendors may not support
it.

Isn't this how org.apache.tomcat.jni.Pool is implemented?

-karl