mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r659372 - /mina/branches/buffer/core/src/main/java/org/apache/mina/queue/DefaultByteBufferQueue.java
Date Fri, 23 May 2008 05:32:13 GMT
이희승 (Trustin Lee) wrote:
> On Fri, 23 May 2008 12:44:00 +0900, Emmanuel Lecharny
> <elecharny@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> 이희승 (Trustin Lee) wrote:

>>> I wouldn't bother with vi or emacs.  They pay for what they use.
>>> Moreover, it's not 'almost nothing'.
>> -1.
>>
>> Please revert the commit.
>
> -1.  I have a valid point not to add those @see tags.
>
> If you really want to see them added, add them by yourself.  I
> disagree with what you suggest anyway.
>
> Now you are behaving like a manager, who is a bladder but does no
> actual action.

Trustin, I'm on the project *management* committee.

I would like to see the code you commit adheres to some standard.

Until this is resolved my right to veto holds so please revert your
commit until we figure out the best choice for Javadoc. If you won't
revert it, I can do it for you.

Regardless of which we choose something is required to help those using
IDE's besides Eclipse. There is no reason why Vi or Emacs users should
according to your words, 'pay for what they use'.

I also have to mention that I don't like to go that far. I have to just
in order to get this project on rails. You have to understand that you
can't break all the rules simply because you think that the rules are bad.
I didn't made the rules, and I consider that good practices are also
rules we have to follow. If all the implemented classes in the core JVM
(ArrayList and List, etc) duplicate the Javadoc, it's for a pretty good
reason.
You can disagree, but that won't make those good reasons disappear.

PS : for the record, here is the veto definition
(http://www.apache.org/foundation/glossary.html) :

*Veto*
    According to the Apache methodology, a change which has been made or
    proposed may be made moot through the exercise of a veto by a
    committer to the codebase
    <http://www.apache.org/foundation/glossary.html#Codebase> in
    question. If the R-T-C
    <http://www.apache.org/foundation/glossary.html#ReviewThenCommit>
    commit policy is in effect, a veto prevents the change from being
    made. In either the R-T-C or C-T-R
    <http://www.apache.org/foundation/glossary.html#CommitThenReview>
    environments, a veto applied to a change that has already been made
    forces it to be reverted. Vetos may not be overridden nor voted
    down, and only cease to apply when the committer who issued the veto
    withdraws it. All vetos /must/ be accompanied by a valid technical
    justification; a veto without such a justification is invalid. Vetos
    only apply to code changes; they do not apply to procedural issues
    such as software releases.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com