mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Johns" <steven.mark.jo...@gmail.com>
Subject Write slow or OOM?
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 00:44:20 GMT
So far Mina does a good job in my recent project until yesterday. I am
working a GW server handling 10k - 15k incoming messages/sec with NOT very
big sizes and send them to clients. The weird thing is the program has NO
problem to consume the incoming messages(decoding, read). However, when a
simple telnet client connected to my server(same machine), I observed the GC
taking 0.5 - 1.0sec to do GC every time and eventually OOM(GC is NOT
faster??). I got serveral questions:
1) just wonder if mina is able to write that many of messages? I believe
telnet client on the same machine NOT considered to be a SLOW client, right?
2) IF 1) Yes, the problem seems GC limitation but NOT Mina problem?

Thanks.