mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: [AsyncWeb] build broken w/ last checkin
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2008 00:49:08 GMT

On Mar 4, 2008, at 2:16 PM, Mike Heath wrote:

> Sangjin Lee wrote:
>> I would also like to see asyncweb make progress as quickly as
>> possible, and
>> I'd like to contribute to that effect as well.  As Mike pointed out
>> in a
>> different thread, however, there are some challenges to this.  It's
>> looking
>> more likely that this is not going to be a simple "merge" of code but
>> substantial rework.  I think part of it stems from the fact that
>> the old AHC
>> relies on its own codec (based on mina 1.1.x) and the asyncweb
>> already has a
>> good codec that's completely different from AHC's.
>> We do have an immediate need to use AHC *now*, and critical bug
>> fixes need
>> to happen, as we're using it right now.  But we're making a
>> conscious effort
>> to limit the changes to mostly bug fixes, and we're trying to
>> propagate the
>> changes to asyncweb whenever it is applicable.  Those are the
>> things we're
>> doing (or trying to do) to make sure things don't diverge or get
>> out of
>> hand.
> Why don't we put AHC in a branch in the AsyncWeb Subversion
> repository?
> This way AHC can continue using its own codec and we can support and
> maintain it without going through a lot of work.  Once it gets
> stabilized we could even cut a release.
> In the mean time, we can continue working toward a revised "2.0"
> client
> that uses the AsyncWeb codec.

This seems like a good idea.  I have some questions.

When we cut a release of this code, what version will it be? What will
be its Maven group and artifact id?

What about the other AsyncWeb client?  It looks like people are
modifying that quite heavily.  Are we going to need to do a pre-2.0
release of that as well?

View raw message