mina-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [AsyncHttpClient] On bringing the code bases and communities together
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 11:43:44 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Kevan,
>
> Thanks for taking the time to respond.  More inline ...
>
> On Jan 30, 2008 1:08 AM, Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> So, as we discussed the last time, the community members that have been
>> active in this area are Jeff Genender, Sangjin Lee, and Rick McGuire. You
>> already know Jeff. Have you reached out to Sangjin and Rick?
>> I'd urge them both to become involved in the Mina community, as their time
>> and interest permit.
>>

> Right very good point.
>
> So Sangjin and Rick are you interested in working on this with the rest of
> the asyncweb crew at MINA?

Yes, I'm definitely interested in helping out.  Right now, I'm having a
hard time figuring which is the correct Mina 2.0 version.  There appear
to be at least 3 different versions of an AsyncHttpClient floating
around (one in the Mina trunk, one in the AsyncWeb tree, one in the
Geronimo sandbox).  Which is the appropriate one to start porting the
recent changes to the 1.1.5 version to?

Rick

>> I can understand, however, if Rick and Sangjin see value in the current
>> codebase
>>

> NP that's something to consider and evaluate.  And regardless of the code in
> general we can share knowledge and expertise.  I'm sure experiences will rub
> off and this is the most important part of it.  The code here is small
> compared to the collaborative potential.
>

>> So, one possible solution that occurs to me is to transfer the current
>> 1.1.x code in Geronimo sandbox to the Mina project. This might allow Rick
>> and Sangjin to complete their work on the current codebase and also ease
>> their transition towards merging code and fixes into the Mina 2.xcodebase. Alternatively,
we can leave the code in Geronimo sandbox while