mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Trustin Lee" <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MINA 2.0 release date?
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2007 02:29:47 GMT
Hi Geoffrey,

On 11/6/07, geoffrey_chew@cable.comcast.com
<geoffrey_chew@cable.comcast.com> wrote:
> Hi Trustin,
> I'm evaluating MINA for potential use in one of our products, and would need the serial
port communications support provided in MINA 2.0. I've noticed that currently there's a milestone
1 build, but I'd like to know roughly when MINA 2.0 might be released? I'm sure many others
are waiting eagerly as well :-).  A ballpark figure would be very helpful, i.e. is it going
to be end of '07, Q1 '08, Q2 '08, or longer? Our project is scheduled to be completed by July
'08.
> Also, do you feel that MINA 2.0 M1 is suitable for a production quality application?

2.0.0-M1 will be release before this year ends.  It's my wish though.
I am spending my full time on it, so it is very likely.

2.0.0-M1 might not be suitable for production environment.  However,
Considering your project schedule, the GA release should be ready
before '08 summer.

HTH,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/