mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Trustin Lee" <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Meta Transport: an idea on implementing reconnection and proxy
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2007 15:32:22 GMT
On 10/2/07, Niklas Therning <niklas@trillian.se> wrote:
> Yes, I think this is the way to go about implementing this kinds of
> things. This is similar to what was suggested the last time the proxy
> issue came up on the mailing list
> (http://www.nabble.com/Proxy-filter-tf3880454.html).

How did you find that thread? :)

> Now, one thing we should consider is whether we want to support
> specifying proxyHost, proxyPort via system properties, just like Socket
> does. In that case I don't think it will be as simple as wrapping like
> suggested above. Maybe we could support this by having some kind of
> factory which looks at the system properties?

I agree with you that things will get complicated with system
properties.  The questions is, do we really need to support system
properties?  If a user uses a factory like Spring, he or she could
configure proxied connection very easily.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP Key ID: 0x0255ECA6