mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Maarten Bosteels" <mbosteels....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: result poll logging frameworks
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 15:16:00 GMT
> AFAIK, you can always ask log4j to dump the thread name in your log,
> simply using a %t parameter in the format configuration. That should
> help to follow what's going on for a thread, even if it would be
> better to have MDC available into JUL (bad bad JUL ;)

Emmanuel, I don't see your point since log4j already supports MDC ?
I agree that it's always handy to dump the thread in your log-files but I don't
see what has to do with this discussion ?

But indeed, maybe a better solution would be to make a basic MDC implementation
for (the overly simplistic) JUL, without involving SLF4J ...

Maarten