mina-dev mailing list archives

From "James Apfel" <james.ap...@gmail.com>
Subject ProtocolEncoderOutput and many ByteBuffer(s)
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2007 18:08:05 GMT
Hi,

my ProtocolEncoder encodes a Message into many ByteBuffer(s) and I
wrap them currently into a single ByteBuffer which I'm writing to
ProtocolEncoderOutput. I'm however wondering if it's OK to write the
ByteBuffer(s) straight to ProtocolEncoderOutput? I'm concerned about
Threading issues ( i.e. does MINA preserve the writing order of the
ByteBuffers if I call IoSession.write(Message) from different
Threads)!?

That's what I'm currently doing...

encode(ProtocolEncoderOutput out) {
    ByteBuffer first, second, third;
    ByteBuffer data = MultiByteBuffer.wrap(first, second, third);
    out.write(data);
}

... and I'm wondering if this is OK

encode(ProtocolEncoderOutput out) {