mina-dev mailing list archives

From Niklas Therning <nik...@trillian.se>
Subject Re: Mina with Spring and JMX
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 13:04:54 GMT
I haven't used the JMX stuff myself but from the tutorial it seems like
you need to tell the IoServiceManager to start collecting stats:

IoServiceManager serviceManager = new IoServiceManager( acceptor );
serviceManager.startCollectingStats(1000);
MBeanServer mbs = ManagementFactory.getPlatformMBeanServer();
ObjectName name = new ObjectName("mina.example.http.server:type=IoServiceManager");
mbs.registerMBean(serviceManager, name);

So it seems like you need to call startCollectingStats(...) somehow. I
don't think you can do this from within Spring (AFAIK init-method cannot
take parameters). For now you could try to call it programmatically from
within the MyServer.initialise() method and see if JMX starts working.

MINA should probably provide some Spring integration for
IoServiceManager. A IoServieManagerFactoryBean would solve this problem
I guess. Any contributions are welcome as always.

HTH

/Niklas