mina-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Encoding/Decoding ISO 8583 Message
Date Sun, 07 Oct 2007 11:50:37 GMT
On Saturday 06 October 2007 13:56, jian wu wrote:
> Obviously, it would be very nice if jPOS can provide a general
> ISOMsgBuilder or ISOMsgParser at Message Level. Or jPOS
> is willing to implement a Mina based ISOServer or Mina based
> ISOChannel?

Allejandro is running a small shop of developers and only doing POS
integration work around the world. He thinks the step to BSD was a bad one,
and that's why he changed it back to GPL. That said, he is not a bad guy,
just a someone trying to stay alive doing something he is good at.

The fact that 1.5.0 was BSD, makes it fair game for derivatives. So some heavy
refactoring from Sockets to MINA is well within reach, and since so many
people around here has ASN.1 and BER encoding experience, I would dare to say
it would be a piece of cake.

What I did personally on top of jPos was typed request/response system at MTI
level. Unfortunately, that was heavily tied to Avalon and not easily
salvagable.

Cheers
Niclas