mina-dev mailing list archives

From chihiro <gavin.emp...@gmail.com>
Subject Reusing SocketConnector
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 09:52:01 GMT

My requirement is simple:

1) Object <=read from a queue (ConcurrentLinkedQueue)
2) Connect to a remote server via MINA and transmit the Object.

In one of the previous posts, Trustin mentioned that one could just reuse
the SocketConnector
if one were connecting to the same host.

Being a newbie to MINA:
a) Is it ok for me to reuse the SocketConnector in each thread but just pass
in a different IoHandler to connect( ... ) ?
b) What does the handler.multiton package give me ? Are there samples on how
to use it ?
c) I'm starting a new Thread whenever a new item is dequeued. Is this a wise
move ?

Thanks