mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Fisk" <adamf...@gmail.com>
Subject grizzly versus mina
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 15:45:01 GMT
The slides were just posted from this Java One session claiming Grizzly
blows MINA away performance-wise, and I'm just curious as to people's views
on it.  They present some interesting ideas about optimizing selector
threading and ByteBuffer use.

http://developers.sun.com/learning/javaoneonline/j1sessn.jsp?sessn=TS-2992&yr=2007&track=5

Maybe someone could comment on the performance improvements in MINA 2.0?  It
might also be useful to look at Grizzlies techniques to see if MINA could
incorporate them.  I know at least Scott Oaks from Grizzly is a solid
performance guy, so their numbers are likely correct.

Quick note:  I'm not trying to spark a Grizzly/MINA battle by any means.  I
just started using MINA after having implemented several generic NIO
frameworks myself, and I absolutely love MINA's approach.  It allowed me to
code a STUN server in 2 days, and I'm porting my SIP server now.

Thanks,

Adam