mina-dev mailing list archives

From Eero Nevalainen <eero.nevalai...@indagon.com>
Subject Re: heartbeat and connection monitoring
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 09:55:48 GMT
Trustin Lee wrote:
> Hi Benoit,
>
> 2007-02-12 (월), 13:32 +0000, Benoit Hudzia 쓰시길:
>> Hi,
>>  A couple of month ago, somebody mentioned the possibility to add a
>> heartbeat monitoring system for connection as filter. This filter would have
>> been based on an implementation done in another project.
>>
>> Did anybody implemented it? If not, can somebody point me to the project so
>> I can have a look and see if I can implement it myself?
>
> The heartbeat code was from Qpid project (in Apache incubator), but they
> told me that their code had turned out to be not usable as we expected.
> Implementing an heartbeat filter is very easy though.  Let me add a JIRA
> issue for it.
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-350

Hi,

I implemented this kind of thing a while ago as a part of our company
project and thought about posting it, since it's something the framework
could very well provide.

The company gave a preliminary approval of sharing and participating
with MINA, but we haven't cleared out all the terms yet. I think I saw
somewhere that all @author tags and copyright notices would need to be
removed if the code is published with the Apache license. Am I
remembering correctly? The company would like to have at least some
"thanks to" mention if we send stuff..

This is not a major problem though as like Trustin said, it's very easy
to implement. I'd still like to know though..

-Eero Nevalainen