mina-dev mailing list archives

From Yeroc <cpli...@gmail.com>
Subject SessionLog annoyance
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 17:08:33 GMT

Hello...

First of all, thanks for the great work on Mina.  I've just started using it
on a small project and am finding it quite useful.

There is one thing that annoys me and that is logging.  The SessionLog class
logs all messages using the Logger classname of my IoHandler.  This presents
a problem for me in that I can no longer differentiate log messages emitted
from the SessionLog class versus log messages emitted from my own IoHandler
class.  Furthermore, I can't filter the log messages emitted by SessionLog
(which are generally less useful to me) without also filtering the logging
output from my own IoHandler class.

The only workaround I can see is to use a different Logger name for my
IoHandler class but the problem is that our standard is to always use the
classname as the Logger -- changing it to something else will just create
confusion.

Would the developers consider modifying the SessionLog class to use some
other name for the Logger?

Thanks,
Corey