mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Greig" <robert.j.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JRockit vs Sun JDK
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 10:57:23 GMT

> > In terms of CPU utilization, for a user load of 10k, the Sun JVM used
> > up 45% cpu while the JRockit JVM used over 80% at just 6k users. The
> > response time degraded so badly by then that it was pointless to run
> > the test further.
> >
> > After reading about Robert's experiences with JRockit, I was expecting
> > great things, but this turned out to be quite a surprise.

We found that Sun JDK 6 outperformed JRockit 5 by a reasonable margin,
but that if you compare JRockit 5 to Sun 5, JRockit was on top.
However at the time we tested that Sun 1.5 did not have epoll support.
I am not sure if JRockit 5 has epoll support. Lack of epoll could well
be the reason for high CPU utilisation with that number of clients.

RG