mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Benoit Hudzia" <benoit.hud...@gmail.com>
Subject Communication hang up with new head revision 486551 in svn
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 16:16:27 GMT

Hi, after today modification ( revision : 486551)  of the svn my project
stopped working .  ( some communication just go one way and then hang up
while trying to reply )

After some investigation its seems that the object serialization codec was
modified, I suspect that there is some problem at this level . I currently
use the object serialization codec for fast development of my protocol.
Before implementing my custom binary codec

I switched back to revision : 482473 and no communication hang up appeared
and everything went smoothly .

When I have more time I will try to pinpoint exactly where.

I provide as attachment 4 class that represent the typical scenario where
the problem occur:

With revision  482473 :

*	Server open acceptor and register all class with DemuxingIoHandler
, add the  serialization filter
*	Server bind acceptor to port 2000;
*	Client open connector  add class  with DemuxingIoHandler and add the
serialization filter
*	Client bind connector to server acceptor
*	Client send challenge object
*	Server receive challenge object and print : "challenge received"
*	Server reply back with response object
*	Client receive response object and print :"wop wop response
received"
*	End   \o/

With revision  486551:

*	Server open acceptor and register all class with DemuxingIoHandler ,
add the  serialization filter
*	Server bind acceptor to port 2000;
*	Client open connector  add class  with DemuxingIoHandler and add the
serialization filter
*	Client bind connector to server acceptor
*	Client send challenge object
*	Server receive challenge object and print : "challenge received"
*	Server try to reply back but everything hang up here .

Benoit Hudzia
Parallel Computing Research Group
School of Computer Science & Informatics
University College Dublin
Ireland

Tel: +353 1 716 2403
Fax: +353 1 269 7262
E-mail: benoit [dot] hudzia [at] ucd [dot] ie