mina-dev mailing list archives

From "John E. Conlon" <jcon...@verticon.com>
Subject netty 2, Mina, & OSGi
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2006 19:32:04 GMT
Am working on an integration-osgi project for mina. It's simply a
pom.xml that wraps classes from mina into a OSGi jar/bundle.

While analyzing the created bundle I noticed a problem where there were
unresolved references to a deprecated package [org.apache.mina.protocol]
by classes within transient dependent jars.

One of the jars I was wrapping was the mina-filter-codec-netty-1.1.0-
SNAPSHOT.jar. While I have not looked at the net.gleamynode source code
the analysis tool is showing that these references are coming from a
transient dep and its package net.gleamynode.netty2.mina.

One way to solve the problem is to just not wrap the  mina-filter-codec-
netty-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.

Is this an acceptable solution?

thanks for the feedback, I hope to commit this project to my sandbox
latter today.

(sorry if you receive two copies of this message but sent it earlier to dev@mina.apache.org

it did get resent to me. Now cced to mina-dev@directory.apache.org)

John