mina-dev mailing list archives

From robert.j.gr...@jpmorgan.com
Subject Re: IoFilter lifecycles
Date Sun, 05 Mar 2006 20:00:21 GMT
Hi Peter,

We found performance of our pool about 25-30% better than we were getting
with the MINA leader follower pool.

However this may be in part due to the fact that we separated the filter
into two cases - one for reads and one for writes.

I'll take a look at the issue and comment if I can see anything different
in what we're doing.

Robert

                      peter royal

                      <proyal@apache.or        To:       mina-dev@directory.apache.org

                      g>                       cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: IoFilter lifecycles

                      05/03/2006 00:47

                      Please respond to

                      mina-dev

On Mar 4, 2006, at 12:36 PM, robert.j.greig@jpmorgan.com wrote:
> One thing we did was replace the MINA ThreadPoolFilter with our own
> thread
> pool filter that uses the Java 5 ThreadPoolExecutor.

Aside from how you had your ThreadPoolFilter push write events into
the event pool, how did you find performance? I just did a sample
implementation that uses the TPE, and the performance for the
regression test shows it to be slower than the Leader-Follower pool..
Any thoughts on how to improve TPE performance would be appreciated..
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-184

-pete

This communication is for informational purposes only. It is not intended
as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial
instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction. All market prices,
data and other information are not warranted as to completeness or accuracy and
do not necessarily reflect those of JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries
and affiliates.