metron-user mailing list archives

From Euan Hope <hopee...@gmail.com>
Subject Integrating with a separate kafka cluster
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2020 20:15:00 GMT
Hi Metron community.

I am hoping to get some help relating to the kakfa brokers used by Metron.

We are able to get our dataflows working with the local instance of Kafka
within the Metron environment we have setup. Now, we would like to
integrate with our organizations production Kafka cluster. We have tried to
update the config's in Ambari but we are getting a
"java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: bootstrap servers cannot be null"
error. This error occurs no matter which custom sensor we start up.

We also tried another approach of updating the Kafka broker and Zookeeper
broker config's within the enrichment-splitjoin.properties and the
enrichment-unified.properties configuration files but this also did not
seem to be the right approach.

Is it possible to integrate Metron with a Kafka cluster that is setup on a
separate HDP environment?

Thanking you in advance for any guidance.