metron-user mailing list archives

From Euan Hope <hopee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Integrating with a separate kafka cluster
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2020 08:36:45 GMT
Hi Tom,
Thank you for your response.

We have managed to publish and consume data from topics on the other kafka
instance (external to our Metron environment) and we do this using nifi.

What we are trying to do now is to get a sensor (created within Metron) to
write data from our production kafka cluster to hbase (which is on the same
cluster as our Metron instance), using the
"org.apache.metron.writer.hbase.SimpleHbaseEnrichmentWriter" class (as per
the sensor parser config in the Management UI).

We have tried changing the Kafka config's in Ambari to point to our
production Kafka brokers but we get the
"java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: bootstrap servers cannot be null"
error.

Hoping to get some guidance on this as we are not sure which parameters to
update.

Thanks once again for your mail.