metron-user mailing list archives

From Dima Kovalyov <dimdr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to secure Apache Metron cluster
Date Sat, 18 Apr 2020 02:15:56 GMT
Exactly, without Single Sign-on (SSO) system you will end up with all
components in default security configuration.

Which is in Nifi for example means none like in Elasticsearch and Storm.
While there is still some decentralized security on the Ambari, Grafana and
Metron UI side.

There are obviously a lot more components with a variety of authentication
mechanisms, but just as an example.

So, yeah, go for Kerberos/Active directory. Take a look at FreeIPA which is
completely free and open source identity management system (Active
Directory for Linux).

- Dima