metron-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Merriman <merrim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Metron Indexing Service Failing Shortly After Start
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2018 18:01:41 GMT
If there was an error happening during the service check, it will be in the Ambari agent logs.
 I would look there first.

> On Feb 27, 2018, at 11:45 AM, Simon Elliston Ball <simon@simonellistonball.com>
wrote:

> Anything appearing on the indexing topic in kafka?
>
> Anything in the logs for the indexing topology in Storm UI?
>
> Master isn’t always the best place to start, might be worth sticking to a released
build to kick the tyres.

> Simon
>
>> On 27 Feb 2018, at 17:38, David McGinnis <mcginnisd@avalonconsult.com> wrote:
>>
>> All,
>>
>> I have a kerberized HDP 2.6.3 cluster which I have installed Metron on through an
MPack. I am using code straight from the master branch of the github as of last week.

>> When I start Metron, all of the components correct start up. Shortly after, however,
the Indexing Service stops working. I have not been able to find any logs that seem to capture
any issues, and both indexing storm topologies are still active and running after the failure.
Those topologies only report a warning about one of my parsers using the default HDFS writer
config, which appears to be normal.

>> Not only is this making my dashboard red when it shouldn't be, but also it seems
as if data doesn't go through the pipeline until the entire Metron system is restarted. I
am not confident this is related, but I suspect it is.