metron-user mailing list archives

From Simon Elliston Ball <si...@simonellistonball.com>
Subject Re: CentOS and Ubuntu
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2018 13:19:29 GMT
Not particularly. The centos builds seem to be used by more people on dev, probably because
they’ve been around for longer, and so are arguably more tested. The area where it’s most
likely to be relevant is in the install of repos for ES and potentially the fastcapa pcap
probe (don’t quote me on that though, I don’t know if anyone has run that on Ubuntu yet),
but other than that they’re pretty similar these days.

Simon

Sent from my iPhone

> On 7 Feb 2018, at 13:00, Helder Reia <helder.reia@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hey everyone!
> I am new to Apache Metron and I don't know much about this! Are there any differences
on using CentOS or Ubuntu ? I am used to work with Ubuntu but I can look for CentOS if it
is easier to use / has advantages !