metron-user mailing list archives

From Shigenobu Koufugata <shigenobu.koufug...@gmail.com>
Subject [ASK] Java Error with Metron 0.3.0-rc1 on Nutanix
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2017 03:20:23 GMT
Hello all,

My client want to use Nutanix with Metron.
We (I and my colleague) would like to confirm that Metron 0.3.0-rc1 can
works on Nutanix or not.

So, we are using a project room of the vendor for making sure that
combination.
Avoiding the complexity of cluster, we settled up all Metron sensors and
topologies into one Virtual Machine.

Before this validation work, we was able to set up that same
configuration on Virtual Box on HP DL360 (with Vagrant). It looked
working well. No errors, Kibana dashboard looked so good and the pcap
data of HDFS looked good too.

And in the project room, we deployed Metron 0.3.0-rc1 using another
Ansible Virtul Machine( CentOS 7.3, Ansible 2.0.0.2, etc.) on Nutanix.
That deployment ended with success. But when rebooting that Metron, one
Java exception occurs in Enrichment topology and can not enrich sensor
data. In other hands, PCAP data is processed well.

The exception is following.

place:geoEnrichmentBolt、simpleHBaseEnrichmentBolt

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not initialize adapter... at
org.apache.metron.enrichment.bolt.GenericEnrichmentBolt.prepare(GenericEnrichmentBolt.java:153)

at
org.apache.storm.daemon.executor$fn__6573$fn__6586.invoke(executor.clj:798)
at org.apache.storm.util$async_loop$fn__554.invoke(util.clj:482) at
clojure.lang.AFn.run(AFn.java:22) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Hardware:

Nutanix model: NX-3060-G4
HYPERVISOR: AHV
VERSION: Nutanix 20160925.30

VM:
CPU 2, Core 2 (=4 Cores)
Memory: 32GB
Disk: 100GB

Sortware:
CentOS6.7
Apache Metron 0.3.0-rc1

The URL of the corresponding source code is line 153 of the following code

https://github.com/apache/incubator-metron/blob/master/metron-platform/metron-enrichment/src/main/java/org/apache/metron/enrichment/bolt/GenericEnrichmentBolt.java

It may not be a problem unique to Nutanix...
Any advice is welcome.

Best regards,
--
Shigenobu Koufugata