metron-user mailing list archives

From Tim <...@variosecure.net>
Subject Re: Trouble with Quick-Dev-Platform
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2017 12:57:16 GMT
Thanks for the heads-up! I never would have thought of that.

Tim

On 02/22/2017 09:25 PM, Simon Elliston Ball wrote:
> Please note that you will not be able to use the generated vagrant file, you do need
the one provided by the metron download. This command was just to make sure you’re pulling
down the base box properly by isolating other variables. You will need o go back to the original
method once it’s downloaded (don’t worry, it gets cached!)

> Simon
>

>> On 22 Feb 2017, at 12:17, Tim <tim@variosecure.net> wrote:
>>
>> That's certainly made a difference. It seems to be downloading the VM
>> now. The generated Vagrantfile looks very different. Maybe the problem
>> was a consequence of not having ruby-devel installed before the initial
>> 'mvn clean package -DskipTests'?
>>
>> It looks like the download is going to take several hours. Thanks for
>> your help getting to the next step!
>>
>> Tim
>>
>> On 02/22/2017 09:00 PM, Simon Elliston Ball wrote:
>>> Please try vagrant init metron/hdp-base; vagrant up --provider virtualbox
>>>
>>> It sounds like you may have hit a temporary download failure. The first step
of the vagrant process is to download a so called base box (a starting point VM image). This
is the bit that is failing. Note that you will also need virtual box installed. Also the quick-dev
sensible process is very sensitive to versions, so please make sure you check the version
in the pre-reqs very carefully.