metron-user mailing list archives

From Simon Elliston Ball <si...@simonellistonball.com>
Subject Re: Metron Roadmap?
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2017 20:18:24 GMT
Hi Paul,

The apache lists aren’t the best place to discuss an individual organisation’s roadmap
but if you want to know more about Hortonworks specifically, please feel free to contact me
off list (I’m the PM at Hortonworks). There are however also a lot of public community sources
that will give you an idea of the project’s pulse and direction…

There are a number of new features currently under various stages of discussion, development
and inclusion. For instance the new packaging of parsers and end-to-end integration with index
templating is currently a hotly debated topic on the dev list, which is a great place to keep
up with the latest roadmap.

We also do public community demos of new features from time to time, you can find some of
these at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGN514xGndxa4GF5F097A4A <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGN514xGndxa4GF5F097A4A>

In terms of the the machine learning side of Metron, the most interesting area of development
right now is probably around the profiler. I would urge you to watch the work on GitHub, particularly
under https://github.com/apache/incubator-metron/tree/master/metron-analytics/metron-profiler
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-metron/tree/master/metron-analytics/metron-profiler>

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/METRON <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/METRON>
is also a goto for open public roadmaps, though of course various organisations and individuals
in the community also have a few things brewing, mainly in the discuss threads on the dev
list (see https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/METRON/Community+Resources#CommunityResources-ApacheMetronCommunityResources
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/METRON/Community+Resources#CommunityResources-ApacheMetronCommunityResources>
for details).

https://github.com/apache/incubator-metron/pulse <https://github.com/apache/incubator-metron/pulse>
gives you a good sense of the current pulse, which is pretty active (last PR comment, 2 mins
ago!)

Welcome to the Metron community, and do reach out if you want to know anything more about
anything specific.

Simon

> On 20 Feb 2017, at 19:58, Tempest Paz <temp1@gopaz.us> wrote:
>

> Hi,
>
> We are starting to ramp up dev of an initial effort to evaluate Metron (and explore both
ingestion support for our data protocols, and ML algorithms).  In reviewing many of the Metron
links I found, I still lack a sense of the development roadmap or any quantification of the
level of effort going into it.   Can anyone provide this information?  It’s my understanding
that HortonWorks is leading the effort.