metron-user mailing list archives

From Matt Foley <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CALL FOR TEST DATA] Request help identifying public domain or opensource test data sets for Metron testing
Date Sat, 08 Oct 2016 01:05:08 GMT
Dima, that’s great!

Since you’re talking about a code contribution (or several :-), let’s move the discussion
over to the dev@metron.incubator.apache.org list, after this response.  Briefly, here’s
how you submit a contribution.

First the housekeeping:
1. If Sstech has not yet signed a Corporate CLA with Apache, please ask them to do so (instructions
<https://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas>)
2. If you, or a colleague who will submit the contributions, has not yet signed an Individual
CLA, please do so (instructions <https://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas>)

Since you’ve been successfully writing Metron parsers, you almost certainly have already
done the following, but I’ll mention them here for the sake of other readers:
4. If you weren’t a registered user of Apache’s Jira, you would request to be added, but
I see you already are, so that’s good.
5. If you don’t yet have an account on Github.com, sign up for one (the free level is fine).
6. Set up a Metron Development Environment, and establish the ability to spin up a single-node
test environment (instructions <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/METRON/Metron+Development+Environment+Setup+Instructions>)

To actually make the contribution, you follow the process shown in:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/METRON/Metron+Development+Environment+Setup+Instructions
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/METRON/Metron+Development+Environment+Setup+Instructions>

I’ll go into more detail in a direct email.
Thanks a lot for being interested in submitting these!

Cheers,
—Matt