metron-user mailing list archives

From "M. Aaron Bossert" <maboss...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Install on non-standard cluster
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2016 11:57:36 GMT
Out of curiosity, when do you think you will have RPM's for Metron?

Get Outlook for iOS

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 5:35 PM -0400, "James Sirota" <jsirota@apache.org> wrote:

There is an old unmerged pull request that deals with Centos 7 issue.  Does this help you?
 https://github.com/apache/incubator-metron/pull/140

If not, you can probably reach out to Mike, who had Metron running on Centos7.  We never quite
got this pull request in because it breaks our Centos6 install.  We want to switch to RPM
installers first and then we will pull this in

12.07.2016, 08:29, "M. Aaron Bossert" :
> OK, so I had already been looking at that page...the hiccup is that I can't yet upgrade
to CentOS 7 (to meet docker dependency on 3.X kernel).  Is there a way to do the install
manually or without the docker image?

> On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 11:08 AM, Nick Allen  wrote:
>> These instructions should help you.
>>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/METRON/Metron+Installation+on+an+Ambari-Managed+Cluster
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 10:03 AM, M. Aaron Bossert  wrote:
>>> All,
>>>
>>> I would like to install Metron on my cluster, which is a bit quirky in the sense
that I don't have full control over the OS that is installed (CentOS 6.X, but will be upgraded
to 7.X in the near future), nor is HDP fully installed (we have some compatibility issues
that are preventing Ambari from being installed for now).  These two issues seem to rule
out the automated install methods provided.

>>> Is there another way to install on a cluster?  Perhaps there are instructions
to do it manually?

>> --
>> Nick Allen

Thank you,