metron-user mailing list archives

From "Lin, Jimmy [USA]" <lin_ji...@bah.com>
Subject Re: [External] Re: Getting some fatals on ec2 deployment
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2016 19:01:15 GMT
Nick,

I ran through the steps in the guide in the amazon ec2 deployment README.  The steps seem
to be very similar to the ones you provided.  I did attempt to run it once without my id_rsa.pub
generated.  Then I went back and generated that file and reran the install.  I am not trying
to use a custom ssh key.  Also, it looks like the source code changed today?  There is no
longer a metron-streaming folder.  I’m assuming that metro-platform is the new metron-streaming.
 Will building this work?

Here are the versions:

ansible 2.0.2.0

  config file =

  configured module search path = Default w/o overrides

Vagrant 1.7.4

From: Nick Allen <nick@nickallen.org<mailto:nick@nickallen.org>>
Date: Wednesday, April 27, 2016 at 11:17 AM
To: "user@metron.incubator.apache.org<mailto:user@metron.incubator.apache.org>" <user@metron.incubator.apache.org<mailto:user@metron.incubator.apache.org>>
Subject: [External] Re: Getting some fatals on ec2 deployment

Here is some additional documentation that may help; https://github.com/nickwallen/metron-first-steps-in-the-cloud.
And, of course, let me pester you with additional questions.

Can you describe in greater detail what exact files you edited and what commands you have
run?

What version of Ansible and Vagrant are you running?

Are you trying to use a custom SSH key?

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 10:26 AM, Lin, Jimmy [USA] <lin_jimmy@bah.com<mailto:lin_jimmy@bah.com>>
UNREACHABLE! => {"changed": false, "msg": "Failed to connect to the host via ssh.", "unreachable":
true}

fatal: [ec2-54-191-.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com<http://us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com>]:

fatal: [ec2-54-186-.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com<http://us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com>]:
UNREACHABLE! => {"changed": false, "msg": "Failed to connect to the host via ssh.", "unreachable":
true}

fatal: [ec2-54-149-.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com<http://us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com>]:
UNREACHABLE! => {"changed": false, "msg": "Failed to connect to the host via ssh.", "unreachable":
true}

fatal: [ec2-54-149-.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com<http://us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com>]:
UNREACHABLE! => {"changed": false, "msg": "Failed to connect to the host via ssh.", "unreachable":
true}

and:

TASK [ambari_common : Add key pairs to existing authorized_keys] ***************

fatal: [ec2-54-187-.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com<http://us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com>]:
FAILED! => {"failed": true, "msg": "the file_name '/tmp/keys/ec2-54-149-.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com.pub'
does not exist, or is not readable"}

fatal: [ec2-54-187-.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com<http://us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com>]:
FAILED! => {"failed": true, "msg": "the file_name '/tmp/keys/ec2-54-149-.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com.pub'
does not exist, or is not readable"}

There are some others, but in the end it fails the sanity check:

fatal: [localhost -> localhost]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "elapsed": 20, "failed":
true, "msg": "Timeout when waiting for ec2-54-149-.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com:8080<http://us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com:8080>"}

I have tried re-running the ansible playbook.  The same errors reappear.  I have also tried
using the —limit @playbook.retry flag.  Per the sanity check, the Ambari master UI does
not load.  Kibana loads the page, but does not display any data.

I could use some assistance in getting this working.  Thank you,

Jimmy

--
Nick Allen <nick@nickallen.org<mailto:nick@nickallen.org>>