metron-dev mailing list archives

From "Yerex, Tom" <tom.ye...@ubc.ca>
Subject Declaring fields as constants in Metron Alerts
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2020 22:04:35 GMT
Good afternoon,

I am considering the work required to move field names that are declared and referenced from
within the metron-alerts Angular code to constants that can be set when the project is built.
The work appears to be non-trivial, based on what I have gathered so far one approach might
be to export a list of constants from environment.ts and environment.prod.ts, which would
be used by development, production, and testing code alike.

Does anyone have any insight into another approach or suggestions on what I should be looking
for? For example, would it make more sense to build an extension to the REST interface that
would load the settings dynamically at start up?

Thank you,

Tom.