metamodel-dev mailing list archives

From Kasper Sørensen <i.am.kasper.soren...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GitHub release: a "bud" of Apache MM to C# (.Net Core)
Date Sun, 16 Jul 2017 03:21:59 GMT
I notice that there is not yet a port of QueryPostprocessDataContext, which
is IMO critical to implement any connector. I think having that class (and
it's dependencies, for instance MetaModelHelper) ported is key for us to
push ahead with the rest of the details. As such I feel like many of the
interfaces that are there now can be easily be manually replicated and
maybe in some cases re-thought a bit for .NET, as well as for the fact that
there is no backwards compatibility concern in this port.

Interfaces like Func, Action and Ref are certainly not needed in .NET, and
we should not include it. They're only there in the Java version for
backwards compatibility to the pre-Java 8 days.