metamodel-dev mailing list archives

From Du Krøger, Dennis <Dennis.DuKro...@HumanInference.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Apache Metamodel release 4.4.1
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2015 16:21:29 GMT
Ouch! -1 it is, then

-----Original Message-----
From: Kasper Sørensen [mailto:i.am.kasper.sorensen@gmail.com]
Sent: 26. oktober 2015 17:20
To: dev@metamodel.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache Metamodel release 4.4.1

-1

Changing my vote to -1 because ...

We just tried to apply the staged release candidate on DataCleaner and from there we discovered
a quite serious bug. Let me explain (and report in JIRA
shortly):

The change we did to support APPROXIMATE keyword somehow does not get rewritten properly in
the JDBC layer. So towards the backed database we use the literal wording "APPROXIMATE" in
the SQL query. This is obviously wrong and should be fixed before releasing IMO, since this
is pretty critical and will break for any usage of MetaModel that combines the JDBC module
with the approximate functions.

Kasper